Threaded View

PDV Honor Cần phải rèn luyện
    Thanks

Những thành ngữ cần thiết nhất cho người học tiếng Anh ( Sưu Tầm)

A Drop In The Bucket = hạt muối bỏ biển.

"I'd like to do something to change the world but whatever I do seems like a drop in the bucket."

A Penny Saved Is A Penny Earned = 1 xu tiết kiệm cũng như 1 xu làm ra
    "I'm going to give you $20 but I want you to put it in the bank; a penny saved is a penny earned!"

A Piece Of Cake = dễ như ăn cháo
    "Do you think you will win your tennis match today?" Answer: "It will be a piece of cake."

Actions Speak Louder Than Words = hành động có giá trị hơn lời nói
    "Don't tell me how to do this; show me! Actions speak louder than words."

Add Fuel To The Fire = thêm dầu vào lửa
    "I would like to do something to help, but I don't want to add fuel to the fire."

Cost An Arm And A Leg = trả 1 cái giá cắt cổ, tốn rất nhiều tiền
    "Be careful with that watch; it cost me an arm and a leg."

Arm In Arm = tay trong tay
    "What a nice afternoon. We walked arm in arm along the beach for hours."

Beating Around The Bush = ṿng vo tam quốc
    "If you want to ask me, just ask; don't beat around the bush."

Better Late Than Never = thà trễ c̣n hơn không
    "Sorry I was late for the meeting today; I got stuck in traffic." Answer: "That's okay;better late than never."

Birds Of A Feather Flock Together = ngưu tầm ngưu, mă tầm mă
    "Look; the volleyball players are eating at the same table together, as always." Answer: "Birds of a feather flock together."

Bite Your Tongue = cố gắng im lặng
    "Whenever that professor says something I don't like, I have to bite my tongue."

Blood Is Thicker Than Water = 1 giọt máu đào hơn ao nước lă
    "When my best friend and my brother got in a fight I had to help my brother; blood is thicker than water."

Burn Your Bridges = đốt cầu của ḿnh, tức là tự làm mất đi cơ hội của ḿnh
    "I wish you hadn't been rude to that man just now; he is very important in this town and you shouldn't go around burning bridges."

Burning The Candle At Both Ends = vắt kiệt sức ra để làm việc
    "Ever since this new project started I have been burning the candle at both ends. I can't take much more of it."

Call It Off = hủy bỏ
    "Tonight's game was called off because of the rain."

Curiosity Killed The Cat = sự ṭ ṃ có thể rất nguy hiểm
    "Hey, I wonder what's down that street; it looks awfully dark and creepy." Answer: "Let's not try to find out. Curiosity killed the cat."

From Rags To Riches = từ nghèo khổ trở thành cự phú
    "My uncle is a real rags to riches story."

Great Minds Think Alike = tư tưởng lớn gặp nhau
    "I have decided that this summer I am going to learn how to scuba dive." Answer: "Me too! I have already paid for the course. Great minds think alike!"

It Takes Two To Tango = có lửa mới có khỏi
    "Her husband is awful; they fight all the time." Answer: "It takes two to tango."

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie = đừng gợi lại những chuyện không hay.
    "I wanted to ask her what she thought of her ex-husband, but I figured it was better tolet sleeping dogs lie."

Neither A Borrower, Nor A Lender Be = đừng cho mượn tiền, cũng đừng mượn tiền
    "Could you lend me twenty dollars?" Answer: "Sorry, neither a borrower nor a lender be."

Everybody Is On The Same Page = mọi người đều hiểu vấn đề
    "Before we make any decisions today, I'd like to make sure that everyone is on the same page."

Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind = xa mặt cách ḷng
    "I meant to read that book, but as soon as I put it down, I forgot about it." Answer: "Out of sight, out of mind."

Practice Makes Perfect = càng tập luyện nhiều càng giỏi
    "You see how quickly you are getting better at the piano! Practice makes perfect!"

Put Your Foot In Your Mouth = tự há miệng mắc quai, nói lỡ lời
    "Let's all be very careful what we say at the meeting tomorrow. I don't want anyoneputting their foot in their mouth."

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Sean Bean For This Useful Post:

2106 (09-09-2023), angel_of_dead (04-04-2016), cuongsmiles (12-27-2012), DJNZ (04-04-2016), dkevin (02-09-2013), edison1987 (07-31-2013), just4funs4ever (10-16-2013), Lawliet (11-03-2013), machiendl (12-01-2012), My_name_is (01-16-2013), nhungong (11-26-2012), nickytun (11-27-2012), Nomad (11-26-2012), ohmygod1234 (11-27-2012), OmegaQ (11-26-2012), phongtinh (11-27-2012), rogerfox (12-02-2012), sobisvn (11-26-2012), thanhvinhpy (12-25-2012), TrangMinh (09-06-2013), TranVietDuc (12-04-2012), trongveo (09-17-2018), trwng_tamphong (11-26-2012), Vinh_Nguyen (11-27-2012), xInfnty (04-04-2016), [J] (04-04-2016)

Thread Information